HomeDirectionsChurch CalendarMeet the StaffSunday SchoolYouth MinistryChild Care CenterConcert Series

Baptismal Font

The history of Jerusalem Lutheran Church began November 11, 1821 when the United German Lutheran and the Presbyterian congregations formed the first Jerusalem Church in a small log school house located on land donated by Martin Dreibelbis.  In 1851, opposed to the so-called "New Measures" members withdrew from Jerusalem Church to form a new Union Congregation called Saint Paul's Union Church.  This union congregation separated in 1858 and Saint Matthew's Lutheran Church was formed.  The final separation from the first Jerusalem Church took place in 1905 when the Lutheran Congregation built its own structure, Christ Lutheran Church.  On December 29-30, 1991, Christ Lutheran Church was destroyed by fire.  On Sunday, June 7, 1992, the two Lutheran Congregations, Saint Matthew's and Christ Lutheran, voted to merge and form a new Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church, which continues through to today.